Who doesn’t love that feeling of getting something spot on, that 100% test score, landing a perfect backflip? If you’re chasing perfection then these are the tools to get you there. Ensure your coffee remains at a consistent temperature with the double wall tempered heat resistant glass V60. Nail your brewing parameters with the Brewista scale, trusted by world class baristas for years. Get it right with this Pour Over Home Bundle.
COFFEE / 30G of FILTER ROAST
WATER / 500g at 95C
BREW TIME / 3:00 – 3:30 minutes
- First Preheat around 500mls of water to 95C. If you don’t have a temperature reader on your kettle, simply bring the water boil and let it sit for 30 seconds before pouring into your V60.
- Take your filter paper and fold it according to the instructions on the packet. Make a cone and place the paper into your V60, rinsing it through with some of your heated water to remove the papery taste from your coffee.
- Grind 30g of filter roasted coffee at a medium/course grind size. You want to be aiming for a texture similar to castor sugar.
- Pour your 30g into the centre of your filter paper cone as evenly as possible.
- To prepare for brewing place your V60 over a coffee server on a scale and tare to 0 grams. Make sure your heated water is ready and you have a timer set.
- Start timer and pour 60g of water into the cone, wetting all the coffee grinds. This is called a bloom. Then take the base of the V60 with both hands and swirl the whole unit for 2 or 3 seconds.
- At 45 seconds and add 240g of water, pouring in slow circular motions. Then leave the coffee to steep.
- At 1:15 seconds add another 200g, using the same slow, circular method. You should have a total of 500g of water.
- Again, carefully take base of the V60 with both hands and swirl the whole unit for 2 or 3 seconds. This ensures all dry grounds are pulled into the extraction and the remaining water is pulled through the coffee bed.
- While we’re sure you’ll quickly master the brewing steps, it may take a few tries to work out what grind setting is best on your grinding device. To help you determine your best grind size take note of your total brewing time (from when the timer was started until all the water has stopped filtering through). It should be between 3:00 to 3:30. Adjust your grind to a finer setting (if under 3:00) or a coarser setting (if over 3:30), this way you avoid bitterness and extract the ultimate flavour your beans have to offer.
- No doubt your efforts will be rewarded! Ensure to persist with perfecting the parameters of the V60 recipe and nothing will separate you from a delicious home-made filter brew!