Now we understand if you feel like you don’t have the skills to brew the high quality coffee you’re used to. But trust us, it’s never been easier that with a Clever Coffee Dripper. Created to make manual coffee easy and enjoyable this innovative tool will do the work for you, taking on board the complexity of coffee extraction and brew control with its in built drainage grooves and press release drainer. The Clever Dripper works well with FILTER roasts and it creates a full-bodied cup that accentuates clean precise flavour in the cup. The following steps are your guide to extracting your most delicious home coffee yet!
COFFEE / 30G of FILTER ROAST
WATER / 500G at 95C
BREW TIME / 5:00 MINS
- First preheat around 500mls of water to 95C. If you don’t have a temperature reader on your kettle, simply bring the water boil and let it sit for 30 seconds before pouring into your Clever dripper.
- Take a filter paper and fold it according to the instructions on the packet. Make a cone and place the paper into your clever dripper, rinsing it through with some of your heated water to remove the papery taste from your coffee. Make sure to drain all the water out before moving onto the next step.
- Grind 30g of filter roasted coffee at a medium/course grind size. You want to be aiming for a texture similar to castor sugar.
- Pour your 30g into the centre of your filter paper cone as evenly as possible.
- Take your 500mls of water and pour it steadily over the coffee grinds all in one pour.
- Stir the coffee slurry 3 times with a spoon to create a gentle whirlpool.
- Leave the coffee to steep for 4 minutes.
- At 4 minutes pick up the Clever dripper and place it over a sturdy 500ml jug. The rim of the jug needs to be smaller in diameter to the base of the dripper to initiate coffee flow into the jug.
- We told you it was that simple and it really is! And the best thing about this dripper is that despite the simplicity, your coffee brew control remains consistent and thus so does the great flavour of your brews!